Alexandria Casey Clinic
(703) 519-5979 | Press 7 for more options, then press 2 to reach the social worker
- Classes are on the third Wednesday of every month. Call the social worker to enroll.
- Must be a resident of Alexandria (citizenship status not important), preferred if they are patient of clinic or on Medicaid. However, the social worker can work something out.
Arlington Department of Human Services
(703) 228-1200 | Ask for eligibility appointment when calling
- Must show proof of address, income (includes Medicaid, WIC, etc.) and ID, must be resident of Arlington County, but citizenship status is not looked at.
Fairfax County Health Department
(703) 246-8850 | Phone number to call to apply and schedule training appointment.
- Must be parent, foster parent, legal guardian of child 7 years or younger, or in last trimester of pregnancy to qualify. Also, must be a resident of Fairfax County and be receiving WIC, Medicaid, food stamps, etc.
- Citizenship not required
Loudoun County Health Department
(703) 777-0234 | Press 2 for medical services. Ask to speak to the person in charge of registering car seats
- Eligibility requirements: Must meet income eligibility or be receiving food stamps or WIC
- Classes are at department in Leesburg; once a month in English, twice a month in Spanish
- Those on visas or undocumented are still eligible
Healthy Families Prince William
(571) 748-2608 | Phone number to call to apply and schedule training appointment.
- Must be enrolled in home visiting program to receive car seat
- To enroll, must be a first time mom living in greater Prince William area
- Must meet low income requirement or be receiving WIC, food stamps, Medicaid etc.
- Need proof of residency, but not citizenship
Stafford Health Department
(540) 659-3101 ext 121 |Must fill out application.
- Need to be on WIC, Medicaid, or meet income requirement. Must be Stafford resident.
- Citizenship status irrelevant
- If one qualifies, an invitation to a class will be sent and a car seat will be given to the participant at the class